Am I being charged VAT?
Yes on the training part of the course, there is no VAT on the assessment and registration fees. You will be emailed an invoice with a break down so if needed you can claim your VAT back.
How do your courses work?
- Our online courses are great for busy people.
- You can study where and when you want fitting in and around your life and job.
- You can learn at your own pace.
- As soon as you enrol and pay you’ll have access to your course.
- You work through the modules at your own speed and when your ready book a date for your face to face assessment.
- Your course includes all the required study materials and if relevant links to additional information.
Do I get any help on the courses?
- Yes, we are here to support you and will be tracking your progress as you work your way through the modules.
- You can call or email email@example.com and we will be happy to help, please allow 48hrs for a response.
How long does it take to complete the courses?
- Our training is designed to give you total flexibility, once enrolled you can start straight away and continue at your own pace.
- We’d recommend trying to complete within a few weeks up to a month at the most and then book a date for your assessment as soon after as possible.
How do the assessments work?
Once you’ve completed all the modules you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to request possible dates to arrange your face to face practical assessment.
Which awarding body is used for the qualifications?
All our courses are City and Guilds accredited.
Do I need to print everything?
No, you can request a paper pack sent in the post.
Is a laptop the only way to access the portal?
No, you can access on smart phones and tablets too.
If I fail the assessment, what happens?
At the completion of the assessment whether you pass or fail access to the training portal ceases. If you wish to re book the assessment this is possible however will incur a fee for re registration and assessment.
How would you recommend I complete the course?
We’d recommend that you spend 15-30 minutes an evening over the space of a week to cover all the modules and allow time to complete the short tasks. Then arrange your assessment for as soon as possible to ensure all is still fresh in your mind for the face to face practical assessment.
Are assessments only on week days?
No, it may be possible to arrange on a weekend or evening. However this is dependent on assessor availability, we will try to accommodate you as best as possible.
I can’t log in, what do I do?
There are many reasons as to why you may not be able to access the course. Firstly check your email address is correct by looking at the email that was sent to you on enrolling.
Secondly it may be your access has ended as you’ve completed the assessment or the payment failed.
If you’ve checked these, clear your cache and browsing history, if your still unsuccessful email email@example.com
What is expected of me during the assessment?
The face to face practical assessment is on a one to one basis, you’ll need to bring with you the required documentation and PPE that was sent to you in the assessment confirmation email.
You will be expected to answer questions and carry out practical demonstrations showing industry best practice and an awareness of safe use at all times.